Clear aligners are a revolutionary way to straighten teeth using clear, comfortable, and removable plastic aligners that fit snugly over the teeth.
What are Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners are the clear, comfortable, and removable way to get the smile of your dreams. The treatment consists of a series of clear plastic aligners that fit snugly over the teeth to place the needed pressure to guide the teeth. Each set of aligners is calibrated to achieve a certain tooth movement. Patients simply wear the aligners for 22 hours a day for two weeks before switching to the next one in the series.
What are the advantages of Clear Aligners?
Clear Aligners offers a host of advantages for patients of all ages, including:
- Fewer visits to your office – At each appointment, we give you the next 3-5 aligner sets in your series, so you can spend less time in our office and more time doing the things you love.
- Discretion – The aligners are designed to be virtually invisible so you don’t have to worry about drawing more attention to your issue while in treatment.
- Comfort – There are no brackets and wires to irritate your mouth and the smooth plastic of the aligners are designed for comfort.
- No diet restrictions – You remove the aligners to eat and drink, so you don’t have to worry about avoiding certain foods during treatment like patients in braces do.
- Oral care is a breeze – Again, because the aligners are removable, brushing and flossing are simple.
- Fewer emergencies – Brackets and wires can become broken or loose, sending patients to their orthodontist’s office more often. That’s not the case with clear aligners because there isn’t anything to get damaged.
- Affordability – Salem Smiles charges the same for braces and clear aligners for the same treatment case, so clear aligners don’t cost more.
- Effectiveness – Many clear aligner cases can be completed in 12-15 months.
We offer clear aligners for children, teens, and adults. Call Salem Smiles today at 336-725-5757 to schedule your complimentary consultation.